Study Medicine Abroad
Study medicine in one of the best universities with DIFC
Are you an international student who wants to become a doctor?
The International Foundation Year – Health Science programme is a specialised university foundation course designed to support international students to progress to study Medicine in leading Medical Universities.
Where can I study medicine?
Student placed in Medicine or Dentistry (2018-2020)
Medical students placed since 2009
Medical University pathways
What is the International Foundation Year?
The International Foundation Year is a 6-9 month fast-track course designed for international students, just like you, who need to bridge the gap between their local secondary education and starting a university degree.
You will gain the necessary academic skills whilst improving your English language so that you are fully prepared for university study. To progress to medical-related degree courses, you will need to study the following modules on the International Foundation Year:
- Maths for Science
- English for Academic Purposes
Why Study Foundation?
Applying to study medicine is a highly competitive process. The International Foundation Year will support your every step of the way through:
- Highest quality academic teaching
- Tailored support and guidance on your university applications
- Specialised preparation for all admission requirements to Medicine degrees
- Develop your skills in the areas of critical thinking, problem-solving and time management
- Major emphasis on your physical and emotional wellbeing
- You must be at least 17 years old
- Have successfully completed your high school education (IGCSE’s and O-Levels accepted).
- You must have a recognised English language qualification (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL).
- For country specific details, please contact us.
How much does it
The tuition fees for IFY Health Science are €17,800, plus registration and other charges.
Compared to similar programmes offered in the UK, you can save up to 25% by choosing to study your Foundation Year in Ireland.
DIFC has a dedicated team of staff that will help guide you through the University application process and fully prepare you for all the admission requirements. You will also receive regular tutorials that are dedicated to helping you prepare for your University applications.
“Having a class of international students was a wonderful opportunity for me to get to know different cultures, make new friends and develop a valuable network.”
Dawn Areen Kaur from Malaysia
Now studying Medicine at Royal College of Surgeons
Are you ready
to start your pathway?