Study Medicine with RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC)
RUMC is Malaysia’s first accredited private medical school, owned and established by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and University College Dublin. The Medical degree offered by RUMC is an MB BCh BAO conferred by the National University of Ireland and recognized around the globe. It also offers students the opportunity to study in both Dublin and Malaysia and achieve an Irish medical degree at a lower cost.
Students of RUMC receive the best of both worlds: the highest quality biomedical science training and clinical training delivered in Dublin (attending RCSI Dublin) followed by an outstanding clinical training programme in Penang.
The RCSI and UCD curriculum will set you apart as being a clinically distinguished graduate, competent and confident to begin the challenging houseman years in Malaysia or the world.
- Qualification: B BCh BAO
- Duration: 6 years (3.5 years in Dublin followed by 2.5 years clinical training in Penang, Malaysia)
Students must achieve the following minimum grades:
- EAP Grade: A
- IFY Grades: ABB
Students are also required to complete an online interview.
Application deadline: no specific deadline
As part of the shortlisting process, UCLan require:
- Personal Statement
- References and life experience, i.e. work/life balance, extra curricular activities
- Online interview
It is recommended candidates also show evidence of work shadowing or volunteer experience in a caring role.
Limitations to progress to RCSI Dublin
- Student’s presenting with American High School Diploma, must also present SAT or ACT scores
Tuition fees for the 2022/23 academic year are as follows:
3.5 years in Dublin – €19,000 per semester (7 semesters)
2.5 years in Penang – RM 57,500 per semester (5 semesters)
Being an international Student at RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC)
Why Choose RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC) After your Foundation Year at DIFC?
- Internationally-Recognised Irish Medical Education Delivered Transnationally
- Obtain an Irish medical degree at a lower cost than attending entire programme in Ireland
- Exposed to patient-centred learning from year one
- Get unrivalled access to high-quality training hospitals during your Clinical Years
- Experience studying in Ireland and Malaysia
RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC)
4, Jalan Sepoy Lines,
10450 George Town,
Let DIFC Help you
Get to RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC)