Engineering & Technology
Whether you are looking to study Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science or Games Design, the International Foundation Year – Engineering & Technology programme at DIFC offers guaranteed access to leading universities worldwide.
Why Study a Foundation Year in Engineering & Technology?
The NCUK International Foundation Year programme is specifically designed for international students to help you prepare for success in your university studies. By taking a Foundation Course, you will benefit from:
- Enhanced academic English skills, including presentation skills
- Improved subject knowledge in Maths, Chemistry and Physics
- Adapt to western teaching styles, lecture environments and academic standards
- Personalised university placement advice and support
- Guaranteed access to an NCUK university upon successful completion of the course
Who needs a Foundation Course?
The International Foundation Year – Engineering & Technology programme is designed for international students who:
- Have completed their local high school qualification (or O-Level qualification)
- Have completed A-Levels, IB Diploma or equivalent, but do not meet the entry requirements for university admission
- Need to improve their English language before studying university in Ireland or UK
- Would like to keep their options open and receive full support with their university applications
October & January
7 – 8 Months
- Successfully completed high school examinations.
- Have a minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS.
During their studies, students on the IFY Engineering & Technology programme will cover four main academic subjects – English for Academic Purposes, Mathematics for Science, Chemistry and Physics. Alongside these subjects, students will also gain key skills, such as:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Academic writing
- ICT skills
A central component of the programme is the personalised guidance and support students receive when it comes to applying university. Weekly tutorials help students to learn about their options, prepare stand-out personal statements and prepare their university applications.
“My experience with DIFC has been exciting and all-around amazing. Since the beginning of the course, the staff and students services team have been very supportive, especially during the time of pandemic. You get pretty busy as the course is quite intense, so my advice would be to learn how to manage your time well or else you will be easily overwhelmed by the amount of work. But, overall I had a good time and really enjoyed my course, thanks to my classmates and dedicated teachers.”
Hui Wen Tan from Malaysia
Now studying Architecture at University of Kent
“My favourite part about studying here has been the diversity. It has given me a chance to learn in the same environment with people from all over the world. DIFC offers excellent student services and cares about each student.”
Monica Anyango Yongo Ojoo from Kenya
Now studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast
What degrees can you apply for?
- Engineering – all disciplines including Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, Aerospace etc
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Games Design
Are you ready
to start your pathway?