Why South Korean students should study foundation courses in Ireland Ireland is one of the most attractive options for South […]
Study Medicine with Aston Medical School
Aston University’s Medicine course has been designed to prepare you for the demands of a medical career, with an emphasis on working compassionately with patients as partners, within a multi-disciplinary team. You’ll gain exposure to real clinical settings through a series of clinical placements each year, develop a wide range of skills and a broad knowledge base.
The unique, patient-focused MBChB programme at Aston University’s Medical School will prepare you for a successful career in the medical profession and make a lasting impact to people’s lives.
- Qualification: MBChB
- Duration: 5 years
Students must achieve the following grades:
- EAP Grade: A
- IFY Grades: AAA
Application deadline: 15th October (Note: students joining DIFC’s January intake, will only be able to apply for the following academic year – i.e. January 2022 intake students may apply for 2023/24 academic entry)
As part of the shortlisting process, Aston Medical School requires:
- Personal Statement
- Mini Interviews (MMIs) – normally, the MMIs are held on campus at Aston University and candidates are expected to attend in person. However, under certain circumstances, Skype/ remote interviews will be carried out using the same format as the face to face MMIs.
The tuition fees for the 2021/22 academic year are £42,750
Tuition fees are reviewed annually and may increase in subsequent years in line with inflation linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) to take account of the University’s increased costs of delivering the Programme. When undertaking a placement year a placement year fee applies.
Check Aston University’s website for full details on tuition fees and scholarships available.
Being an international Student at Aston Medical School
Why Choose Aston Medical School After your Foundation Year at DIFC?
- Aston University rated Gold for Teaching Excellence
- Integrated placements in clinical and community settings
- Patient-centred curriculum
- Opportunity to complete Health Leadership certificate in conjunction with Aston Business School
Aston Medical School
Birmingham B4 7ET
Let DIFC Help you
Get to Aston Medical School