DIFC is delighted to welcome international students to meet with leading Irish universities at it’s Pathways to Ireland Virtual Fair […]
Situated in the North West of England, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is a one of the UK’s largest universities with an extensive portfolio of programmes, including undergraduate Medicine which is delivered in one of the UK’s most modern and inclusive Medical Schools.
Over 93% of UCLan graduates secure jobs or further study within six months of graduation, compared to the sector average of 73%. (Times/Sunday Times 2018, Good University Guide)
Study Medicine at University of Central Lancashire
DIFC partners with UCLan to provide pathways to Medicine for international students.
UCLan’s Medical School offers medical training to the highest UK standards. Students will benefit from a state-of-the-art curriculum and facilities which include high-specification clinical skills labs, life-size human simulators, a Human Anatomy Resource and Learning Centre and simulated care settings, such as GP surgery and patient’s home setting.
- Qualification: MBBS
- Duration: 5 years
Students must achieve the following grades:
- EAP Grade: A
- IFY Grades: AAB (including A in Chemistry)
Application deadline: 31st March
As part of the shortlisting process, UCLan require:
- Personal Statement
- Transferable Skills Statement (candidates must show evidence of work shadowing or volunteer experience in a caring role)
- Mini Interviews (MMIs)
Tuition fees for the 2021/22 academic year are £44,500 per year (increasing each year in line with UK Retail Price Index). For the most up-to-date fees, please visit UCLan’s website.
Being an international Student at UCLan – University of Central Lancashire
Why Choose UCLan – University of Central Lancashire After your Foundation Year at DIFC?
- Ranked top 3.3% of universities in the world (Centre for World University Rankings 2017)
- Ranked among the UK’s Top 100 universities and in the Top 10 universities in the North West of England (Complete University Guide 2018)
- 91.7% student satisfaction with academic content of course/studies
- 91.5% student satisfaction with the quality of lecturers (ISB average of 88.8%)
- Over 93% graduate employability
- Partner of the 'Study UK: Discover You' the 'Education is GREAT' campaign from the British Council
- Awarded TEF Silver (2017 Teaching Excellence Framework)
- Preston is the best place in the North West of the UK to live and work (PwC and the thinktank Demos)
UCLan – University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE,
Let DIFC Help you
Get to UCLan – University of Central Lancashire