Founded by UK universities to give you guaranteed access to universities
The NCUK is a consortium of leading UK universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities worldwide and helping you succeed when you get there.
NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
All students who successfully pass their NCUK International Foundation Year or Pre-Masters programme with DIFC will be placed onto a suitable programme at one of our partner universities. The entry criteria for each of our university partners vary, so where you are placed will depend on how well you do in your exams.
NCUK International Foundation Year
- The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) is designed with NCUK university partners to prepare international students for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
- Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
- Students who successfully complete the IFY gain guaranteed access to thousands of degree courses at one of the NCUK Guaranteed Universities.
Exclusions from NCUK Guarantee
Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing
Students who apply to these programmes are not guaranteed a place in university due to quota restrictions and entry requirements. However, DIFC has successfully placed over 170 IFY Health Science students into universities since 2009 – please click here to see our past placements
NCUK Guaranteed Universities – International Foundation Year
NCUK Master’s Preparation
- NCUK’s Master’s Preparation gives guaranteed access to thousands of postgraduate degrees at NCUK universities.
- For students who are wanting to improve their English language level and ensure that they have the academic skills necessary to successfully complete a postgraduate degree in English.
- Students who study the Master’s Preparation qualification benefit from the NCUK Placement Support Service. Students only have to submit one Masters application and NCUK send the application to each of the student’s chosen universities on their behalf, as opposed to students having to apply directly to each university.