Start Your University Journey
With Our International Foundation In Business
If you want to study a business, law, arts or humanities degree at university, the International Foundation in Business programme at DIFC is your guaranteed pathway.
Why Study A Foundation In Business Programme?
For international students, transitioning to study in a Irish or UK university can be an overwhelming experience. Therefore, taking a Foundation in Business course before your university studies can set you up for future success in a number of ways:
- Develop your academic English skills, including presentation skills
- Enhance your subject knowledge in Maths, Business and Economics
- Adapt to western teaching styles, lecture environments and academic standards
- Receive personalised university placement advice and support
- Get guaranteed access to an NCUK university upon successful completion of the course
Who needs a Foundation Course?
The International Foundation in Business programme is specifically designed for international students who:
- Have completed their local high school qualification (or O-Level qualification)
- Have completed A-Levels or equivalent, but do not meet the entry requirements for university admission
- Need to improve their English language before studying university in Ireland or UK
- Would like to keep their options open and receive full support with their university applications
September & January
9 months (September intake) or 7 months (January intake)
- Successfully completed high school examinations.
- Have a minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS for September, January is 5.5 IELTS.
Foundation In Business Course Overview
During their studies, students on the Foundation in Business programme will cover four main academic subjects – English for Academic Purposes, Mathematics for Business, Business Studies and Economics. Alongside these subjects, students will also gain key skills, such as:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Academic writing
- ICT skills
A central component of the programme is the personalised guidance and support students receive when it comes to applying university. Weekly tutorials help students to learn about their options, prepare stand-out personal statements and prepare their university applications.
“As an International student, miles away from home, one always fears the unknown, but DIFC took away all my fears and worries. I found the programme so perfectly designed as a stepping stone for our path to our destined careers. What a fun and exciting way to study, whilst learning about the beautiful Ireland”
Sipho Zincum from South Africa
Now studying Accounting & Finance, National College of Ireland
“ My experience in DIFC was valuable than any other experience that I ever had in my life. With the great support from the staff and the teachers I managed to get the scores that I needed for the university. I strongly recommend DIFC for two main reasons. First, Ireland is the country where it is amicable and welcoming with lots of things to enjoy during your foundation year. Second, DIFC staff members are well experienced and prepared to help you reach your goal.”
Minjae Kim from South Korea
Now studying Psychology at University of Manchester
What degrees can you apply for with a Foundation in Business?
- Business & Management
- International Relations
- Accounting & Finance
- Social Sciences
Are you ready
to start your pathway?