Study Medicine with Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
The RCSI has played a major role in medical education and training in Ireland for over 200 years. Founded in 1784 to train surgeons, RCSI provides extensive education and training in the health care professions at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
RCSI is the only specialist health sciences university in Ireland and one of the most internationally renowned ranking in the top 250 universities and in the top 1% for clinical, preclinical and health-science subjects. Over 70% of its undergraduate medicine seats are reserved for Non-EU students each year.
Student’s may also progress to Pharmacy or Physiotherapy degrees.
- Qualification: B BCh BAO
- Duration: 6 years
Students must achieve the following minimum grades:
- EAP Grade: A
- IFY Grades: AAA
Students are also required to complete an online interview.
Application deadline: 31st March
As part of the shortlisting process, UCLan require:
- Personal Statement
- References and life experience, i.e. work/life balance, extra curricular activities
- Online interview
It is recommended candidates also show evidence of work shadowing or volunteer experience in a caring role.
Limitations to progress to RCSI Dublin
- RCSI Dublin will not consider students who have previously done A-Levels for the IB Diploma prior to the International Foundation Year.
- Student’s present with American High School Diploma, must also present SAT or ACT scores
Tuition fees for the 2021/22 academic year are €56,135. For up-to-date information, please visit RCSI website.
Being an international Student at Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI)
Why Choose Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) After your Foundation Year at DIFC?
- Ranked in the top 2% of Universities in the World (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020)
- Focused exclusively on health sciences
- New €80m state-of-the-art building to provide unparalleled medical teaching facilities
- Early clinical exposure and heavy involvement in teaching from clinicians
- International recognition and USMLE and Canadian Board Examination support
- First medical school in Ireland to independently adopt the standards of the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME) standards
- Research opportunities for students including a Research Summer School and Erasmus opportunities
- Access to Global Alumni Network of over 20,000 Alumni practising throughout the World, leading to fantastic international elective opportunities
Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI)
123 St Stephen’s Green,
Dublin 2, Ireland
Let DIFC Help you
Get to Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI)