You might be feeling a bit nervous or anxious about starting out on your adventure in Ireland, that is why we have put together our top tips for international students coming to Ireland that will [...]
Situated just 25 kilometres west of Dublin city centre, and well serviced by bus, car and train routes, Maynooth is Ireland’s only university town. Maynooth is also Irelands fastest growing university with over 11,000 students from more than 90 countries.
Being an international Student at National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Why Choose National University of Ireland, Maynooth After your Foundation Year at DIFC?
- Maynooth University is recognised as one of the leading universities ranked #49 in the world
- It is recognised as one of the top 200 universities with the strongest international connections and perspective in the world
- Rated the top university in Ireland (out of the 7 participating institutions) in the 2016 International Student Barometer
- Named in The Princeton Review Best 381 Colleges as one of the world’s top institutions.
- Adjacent to Ireland’s ‘Silicon Valley’, the university maintains strong links with Intel, HP, Google and over 50 other giants of industry
- One of the best graduate employment records of any Irish university.
- Dynamic social scene with over 100 student clubs and societies
National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Co. Kildare, Ireland
DIFC students talk about their time in National University of Ireland, Maynooth
“DIFC was recommended to me by a friend and I recommend it to everyone who wants to prepare for studying at universities in Ireland and the UK. When I went there, my English was pretty good and I needed to develop my academic skills and DIFC helped me in achieving that. Besides studying English, we studied Research Methods and Critical Thinking, which are necessary for my next step – doing a Masters. Moreover, DIFC helped me to stand in front of people and present my ideas.
During the course, we get an overview about the Irish culture which is essential for dealing with people inside and outside campus. the staff are very friendly and close to the students. In terms of the atmosphere, it’s combined between the academic life and entertainment. Another thing is that it’s located in the Griffith College campus which gave me an opportunity to live the university life and meet other people from different backgrounds.”
Munirah Alhamed from Saudi Arabia
Let DIFC Help you
Get to National University of Ireland, Maynooth