We have some exciting news!!
The college is holding their first Sports Day since 2018 due to Covid Restrictions.
The Sports Day will be held on the 4th May 2022 at 1pm, you will finish class at 1pm and walk up with your teachers to Eamonn Ceannt Park where the event will be held.
All staff and students will walk as a group and it is compulsory that you attend.
The Main Event
We are having a five aside football tournament for the sports day.
The competition is open for anyone who wants to enter a team, however, there are a few rules.
- Teams must have at least two girls
- A goal scored by a girl is worth three goals
- Teams are allowed one substitute
- Teams must have three different nationalities
- Teams must have a name and a captain
Can the team Captain please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name.
- Egg and Spoon Race
- Tug of War (beat the teachers)
- Sac Race
- Three legged Race
International Food Stall (we waited until the end of Ramadan)
- We invite you to make cakes/sweets/food from your home country.
- We will provide tables/plates/napkins etc
- All food will be sold as individual portions at a donation cost
- All proceeds will go to Charity – this year we have chosen Pieta House (link to follow)
Guaranteed to be a fun afternoon
Looking forward to seeing you all on the 4th May for a fun filled afternoon.
Trophies and Prizes to be won!
Looking forward to seeing you all there 4th May at 1pm!
In relation to Sports Day on the 4th May, our chosen charity this year is Pieta House. https://www.pieta.ie
All proceeds from the cake/International food display from Sports Day will go Pieta House, who work closely with young people and adults affected by suicide.
Every year Pieta House fund raise by an annual walking event “ Darkness into Light” www.darknessintolight.ie
Darkness into Light is an annual walk which will take place across Ireland on the 7th May 2022 at 4.15am before dawn.
Every year the walk provides an opportunity for people to connect with their local community and to bring hope to people who have been affected by suicide
Student Services team will be participating in the annual walk “Darkness into Light” on the 7th May 2022
You can donate through the below link and all money collected on the 4th May will also go to this charity.