New Medicine Pathway for International Students
Medicine is still the number one choice for international students coming to study in Ireland. It is a prestigious and challenging pathway that attracts hundreds of applications to DIFC each year for a very limited number of places.
Given the continued growth in demand for our Medicine Foundation Pathway, we are delighted to announce a new Medical partner for international students studying with DIFC – St George’s University, Grenada.
A Little About St George’s University, Grenada
Not to be confused with St George’s University of London, St George’s University Grenada (SGU) is located on the Caribbean island of Grenada in the West Indies.
It was founded as an independent School of Medicine in 1976 and has since evolved into a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries. Students attending SGU enjoy the benefits of a thriving multicultural environment on campus, offering all the amenities and technologically advanced facilities of a world-class institution.
Why Study with St George’s University, Grenada
Well, we can think of many reasons – top of the list being its based in Grenada! In the Caribbean!! What’s not to love about that?!
But, apart from it’s dreamy location, there are some great reasons why SGU should be top you choices when considering studying Medicine abroad.
- Shorter study plan: SGU offers a 5 year Medicine degree after students complete the Foundation Year with DIFC. Most other partners are offering 6 year Medicine degrees
- Work experience in the USA or UK: SGU has a network of affiliated hospitals in the USA and UK, meaning that students can utilise these options for their clinical training placements
- Widely Recognised: graduates from SGU will be recognised for medical registration through the USA, UK and Europe
- Competitive fees: when compared with Irish and UK Medicine tuition fees, SGU offer competitive tuition fees and the cost of living is slightly cheaper than the UK and Ireland
- Global Alumni Network: SGU graduate have access to an alumni network of more than 15,000 MD graduates practicing around the world in over 50 countries
Students admitted onto the International Foundation Year – Health Science programme will be able to apply to SGU as part of the usual university admissions process.
All applicants will be considered – including students who have previously completed A Levels or the IB Diploma.
To be eligible, SGU will be looking for the following:
- B grade in IFY English for Academic Purposes (EAP) exams
- IFY grades of 3 A’s or 3Bs or any combination with no grade less than a “B” Biology, Chemistry and Math
- In all cases, a recommendation from the Head of the International School is required and an interview by SGU. These interviews will be conducted by SGU graduates or Faculty.
Where to Find Out More
To find out more about the Medicine pathways offered by DIFC or to apply, you can contact us here