Our students are guaranteed a place in our partner universities in Ireland and the UK upon successful completion of a DIFC course.
Our mission is to offer internationally-recognised university preparation courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, validated by our UK partner organisation, the Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK).
Successful completion of these courses guarantees students a place at partner universities in Ireland and the UK on a wide variety of programmes.
Working in partnership with the Northern Consortium of UK Universities (NCUK), DIFC can offer students the widest possible choice when guaranteeing students a place on undergraduate or postgraduate degrees after successfully completing our undergraduate and postgraduate preparation programmes. Our students are guaranteed* offers from 12 institutions in Ireland and 11 in the United Kingdom on programmes as diverse as Business, Social Science, Humanities, Science and Engineering. The NCUK International Foundation Year in Science also gives access to degrees in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and the Health Sciences.
You will study in Dublin, one of the smaller but friendliest capital cities in Europe, with its vibrant student life and rich musical, cultural and sporting heritage. Dublin offers a high-quality student experience in a city which is easy to get around with a warm and friendly atmosphere. The legendary Irish countryside is only a short journey away.
We know that choosing a degree programme and a suitable university is one of the most important and challenging decisions of your life, and we believe DIFC is the right choice to help you make that decision.
Dublin International Foundation College was established in 1999 by its current President, Diarmuid Moroney.
The college is based on the campus of Griffith College in central Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. The campus facilities ensure that students have a learning experience which allows them to achieve their future study and career ambitions.
We are a member of the Irish government’s International Register of approved education institutions. We are also a member of ACELS (Accreditation and Co-ordination of English Language Services) as well as MEI (Marketing English in Ireland). All our programmes are approved by the Irish Ministry of Education and Science for visa purposes.
- Quality-assured programmes leading to undergraduate and postgraduate study;
- Guaranteed university placement;
- Quality resources and learning environment;
- Preparatory English courses, if required;
- Highest levels of personal support;
- A simple enrolment and visa process from anywhere in the world.
Why Study at DIFC?
- A complete study package/study plan including English, preparation for college or university and a guaranteed place in an Irish or UK NCUK partner University / College.
- The only college in Ireland approved by NCUK to run their foundation courses, which are in turn approved by NCUK universities/colleges.
- No need to apply for a place in university/college through UCASS/CAO – NCUK have own application system which is managed by DIFC for our students.
- We provide guidance and assistance in applying for study visas.
- Airport pickup and orientation upon arrival in Dublin.
- On campus accommodation for 600 students ensures a safe, secure environment.
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) module completed on the NCUK foundation programmes is accepted by universities/colleges – no need to do IELTS exam.
- One-to-one counselling and guidance provided to all DIFC students to ensure they select the right university/college course for them.
- 95% of Foundation students completing NCUK-DIFC courses have successfully completed their studies and transferred to courses at NCUK partner universities.
- You can work full-time in Ireland on completion of University course.
- DIFC graduates are now studying in leading universities such as the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI), Manchester University and many more.