Study in world-renowned Medical Universities
with our International Foundation Year
– Health and Science (Medicine) programme.
DIFC’s Medicine Foundation Year offers international students the best chance to secure a placement in a Medicine degree with one of our partner Medical universities in Ireland, UK or mainland Europe.
But DIFC is more than a pathway…
The standard of our academic instruction is excellent and goes beyond simply teaching you the coursework to also include critical thinking, time management and problem solving. We prepare you so that you are ready to shine in your Medical degree.
You will also treasure the friendships you make here. We ensure you are looked after in terms of settling in, adapting to a new and exciting culture and that you enjoy all that Ireland has to offer.
To us, you are a person, not just a student.
Your Best Choice
Our International Foundation Year – Health Science programme has a proven success of helping international students progress to Medicine & related degrees in Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.
- Over 180 students successfully placed onto Medicine & related degrees since 2009.
- Partnerships with 8 world renowned Medicine degree programmes in Ireland & the UK – including 5 ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide.
- Save up to 25% on the cost of your Foundation studies by choosing to study in Ireland, compared to the UK.
International students who have completed I/GCSEs or O-Levels, as well as students who have received their AS or A Levels, are eligible to apply for the International Foundation Year – Health Science programme.
- Specially designed university preparation programme to help students in achieve a place in Medicine or related degrees.
- Individual and group counselling offered to guide students on best preferences for achieving your goals.
- University Counselling Fair providing you the opportunity to meet college representatives.
Studying Medicine is challenging. The academic competition for places is fierce – so you need to be sure that your Foundation programme provides the best chance for success.High quality academic teaching to help you develop.
- High-quality academic teaching which will help you to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Specialist English language, study and cultural skills development.
- Individually tailored support and guidance on your university applications and preparation for Medicine admission requirements.
DIFC has 8 dedicated Medicine partners across Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe providing students with a range of options to progress their studies in Medicine.
The world renowned Medicine degrees are recognised for medical registration purposes throughout Europe and internationally.
“The DIFC programme helped me develop different and very important skills – such as critical thinking, problem solving and time management – which are essential to succeed in university life.”
Our Past Students
“When I joined DIFC, my only aim was to get into one of their Medical partner universities. However, I have done more than that. The DIFC programme has helped me to improve in different critical skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills, which are essential for a successful university life
Also, the fact that DIFC is located in one of the most peaceful and
welcoming countries is comforting.
The location of DIFC is very suitable for international students who want to settle in quickly without any problem. This is a programme I would love to recommend to a friend.”
Babatunde Kehinde, Nigeria
Now studying Medicine at Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
“I chose DIFC because it offers a lot of options to go to medical schools” – Jun Sing Lim. Now studying Medicine.
To be eligible to apply for the International Foundation Year, the following entry requirements apply.
Student’s must be at least 17 years of age by the time you arrive in Ireland.
Completion of a High School Certificate / IGSCE / O Levels with good grades
(minimum academic entry requirements apply).
Overall IELTS score of at least 5.0.
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted for the September 2017 & January 2018 intakes. Places will be limited, therefore students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
DIFC Quick Facts
DIFC is appointed by the NCUK as its exclusive delivery centre for NCUK courses in Ireland.
Over 1,500 students placed in Universities.
Ireland is the European HQ for companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Pfizer & Intel.