Current Students 2013
- "The teachers here at DIFC are amazing and the support structure from teachers for students is very good this is what international students need. I studied in the UK before coming to Ireland I am so happy that I decided to transfer to study at DIFC as I am having a much better experience here. "
- Huseyn Guntas
Turkish student of DIFC
Past Student Testimonials
- "There is an excellent student service team in DIFC providing students with a variety of support including reception, VISA letters, accommodation arrangement and university placement, which the overseas students concerned most."
- GONG Zheng – China
IFY Business Intake 1
University of Kent, N324 Actuarial Science
- "DIFC prepares you for the university life and makes you completely equipped for the work load and other university challenges. I would recommend a foundation year to everyone, especially a foundation year at Dublin International Foundation College."
- Taimi Ndahambelela Twahafifwa Dumeni – Namibian
IFY Business Intake 2
UCT, Cape Town
- "Teachers at DIFC are professional and friendly. I was happy to study there and I enjoyed life in Dublin. Now, I am studying in Shannon college of Hotel Management which is the consequence of my certificate of foundation study. I am grateful to DIFC."
- Haigping Han – China
IFY Business Intake 2
Shannon College of Hotel Management
- "Studying at DIFC was an opportunity for me to be prepared to study medicine at RCSI; it helped me in reducing the gap between my previous studies and the next studies which will be at RCSI. DIFC staff helped me a lot last year in many ways such as accommodation and education."
- Khadijah Mohd Yousuf Yaqoob Aljassim – UAE
IFY Health & Science Intake 1
RCSI, Dublin, Medicine
"I studied IFY program in DIFC. The courses consist with both theory and personal practice, like presentation and essays, which really helped me to adapt university's studying. Besides, when I had questions for applying universities, staff were enthusiastic to give me advice and patient to answer lots of ask from me."
- Yuelu Liang – China
IFY Business, Intake 1
The University of Manchester, Economics
"I would like to say that the most wonderful thing I experienced in DIFC was that not only they teach you the knowledge itself, but also the way to study. For example, I learned note-taking skills in listening classes; it helped me a lot to get good scores in both IELTS and EAP exams. I now have a lot more confidence than a year ago when I just arrived in Ireland, thanks to all the teachers in DIFC."
- Wei He – China
DCU, Master Intercultural Studies
- "When I came to Ireland I found the Irish people very friendly which helped me to settle in. I studied the Graduate Diploma Programme at DIFC and found it very helpful. In particular we had to prepare a 5000 word dissertation. I am now studying a Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain at the University of Salford in the UK"
- Jianchun Zhao (Bill) – China
University of Salford
IFY Science (Medicine), RCSI, Dublin
- "I really enjoyed my studies at DIFC. The class I was in had students from many different nationalities and I really liked their method of teaching which included presentations and assignments which counted as part of my exam results. I am now in my second year studying medicine in RCSI."
- Azibanigha Azi – Nigeria
IFY Science (Medicine) RCSI, Dublin
- "I was very happy in my studies at DIFC. I found all their staff very friendly and helpful. DIFC were recommended to me by a friend.
I am now in my second year studying medicine in RCSI Dublin."
- Khalid Ahmad Abdullatif, United Arab Emirates
IFY Science (Medicine), RCSI, Dublin
- "I found the DIFC staff very friendly and in particular they helped me to find suitable
accommodation. I studied the International Foundation Year – Health and Science in DIFC in 2010/11 and obtained the exam grades necessary to study medicine in RCSI. I am finding this first year in RCSI easy because I covered all the subjects in my studies in DIFC"
- Hamad Ibrahim Ali Murad Mohammad
United Arab Emirates
IFY Science (Medicine)
- "I really enjoyed the time that I spent in the DIFC and it gave me a new perspective on my academic background especially with English. This programme made me stronger to tackle any circumstances the first year in the university. Furthermore, the English skills that I have developed from this programme helped me to be a competitive student even with native speakers"
- Hisham, IFY 2008 student now studying in the RCSI
- "The foundation programme in DIFC helped me to understand the university life. I did all subjects which are considered equivalent to the first year in the university. Also the assignments we had were as same as university. In my opinion the foundation year in DIFC is an important bridge to the university, so do it."
- Ahmed Abdullah IFY 2008 student now studying in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
- "After my Pre-Master year in DIFC, I felt very confident in my Master, there was no surprise, I knew how to manage my time and to prepare my projects."
- PMP 2008 student now studying in University of Manchester, Msc. Advance Computer Science with IT Management
- "I very much enjoyed my time studying at DIFC on the Pre-Master programme and the help and support I received from the teachers and staff greatly helped me in preparation for my Master in E-Business at UCD. The subjects (English for Academic Purposes, Research methods and Project preparation techniques) I was taught on the PMP course at DIFC were invaluable tools to help me from the first day I started on my Master"
- LiXu (Maggie), PMP 2007 student, graduated from University College Dublin (UCD), Michael Smurfit Business School
- "I would like to recommand the IFY course, which is quite useful and helpful for our university studies. The teachers and leaders here are very nice and enthusiastic. If you have problems, you can ask them any time for help. Good luck!"
- Elaine/Dongyue Hao, IFY 2009 Student
- "At the end of my Pre-master year in DIFC, I felt I had developed a much deeper self awareness about my own core strengths and development areas. I gained enough knowledge about English, western culture and approaches of writing thesis. Moreover, tutors have great experience for teaching international students; they all take care of the students and give us time and assistance when we needed. I have also developed good relationships with classmates who are now friends. All of these helped me to make a strong application for the MBs in Finance at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and successfully graduate from UCD."
- ShengChuan Xu, PMP 2008 student, graduated from University College Dublin (UCD), Michael Smurfit Business School in MSc in Finance in 2009.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2013 DIFC.ie - Foundation English and Access courses. All rights reserved.