Why Study in Ireland?
Ireland is the perfect location to study for university entrance. The country’s long and honourable tradition of educational excellence is recognised the world over.
Since the Middle Ages, Ireland has been one of the principal education providers to the western world. Successive modern governments have continued to regard education as a key priority and investment in this area has been sustained for a long period.
As a result, Ireland has one of the highest education participation rates in the world today. In turn, this has had a positive impact on the economic growth and development of our country.
The consistent increase in the numbers of overseas students coming to the "Land of Saints and Scholars" over the last decade reflects the fact that Ireland offers a unique mix of high education standards and exciting cultural experience.
The ultra-modern Gateway to Europe and the UK – yet boasting a rich Celtic tradition which still provides the sprit of the nation – Ireland will be your pathway to university and career success on the global stage.
Why Study in Ireland?
- Ireland is an English speaking country with a mild climate and a population of 4 million.
- The capital city, Dublin, is only 40 minutes by air from London and a short flight from most major cities in Western Europe.
- Dublin is a vibrant, youthful city steeped in history. Her attractions range from castles, museums and art galleries to pubs and cafes that buzz with traditional entertainment - most famously, the lively spirit of Temple Bar.
- Ireland is part of the European Union of 500 million people and recently held the Presidency.
- Ireland is the I.T. Centre and the Financial Services Centre for Europe.
- Ireland has high quality education system which is internationally recognised and equivalent to the English system, with 7 Government Universities and 14 Institutes of Technology.
- With a study visa, international students can work 20 hours per week while studying on a full-time academic course.
- International students can apply for a visa to study in the UK or Australia on successful completion of their course.