Our University Preparation & Foundation Courses
DIFC run NCUK Foundation Courses that are prestigious pre-university courses designed for developing studentís English language skills for academic purposes. The university preparation courses and foundation courses are focused on developing the skills students require for successful university entrance at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
What We Offer
NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) programme is a foundation course preparing international students for university entrance at undergraduate level.
NCUK Graduate Diploma
The NCUK Graduate Diploma is a foundation course preparing you for university entrance at postgraduate level.
IFY - Science/Health Studies (Medical Route)
This DIFC programme was approved by the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (RCSI) for entry to their Medical Degree program (6 year course) in 2005 and approval was updated in 2010
We also provide:
Pre-Foundation English Courses
These are general English courses designed to prepare you for our NCUK foundation courses. Classes are offered throughout the year at all levels from beginners to more experienced English language students.
Note: When you apply to study in Ireland with DIFC, you will be tested for English language ability and an individual study plan will be drawn up for you. Those students without sufficient English to begin the foundation course they have chosen will first be offered Pre-Foundation English classes.
NCUK courses - The Benefits
Students receive a guaranteed place in NCUK Partner Universities in Ireland or UK at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Wide range of courses available in Business, Law, Computers, Science, Engineering, Medicine, Hospitality, Humanities etc.
- NCUK IFY exams are equivalent to A levels but students have a better chance of a place at University.
- NCUK IFY exams are benchmarked to A levels and the English for Academic Purposes module (EAP) is recognised by all university partners as an IELTS equivalent.
- NCUK Graduate Diploma prepares degree or diploma holders to achieve their full potential on a postgraduate course.
- 10,000 students have completed these courses and transferred to university.
- Our College
Read about the English courses on offer to students wishing to study in Dublin.
- Sample Offer Letters
View sample offer letters recieved by DIFC students from Irish and UK Partner Universities.
- Past Students
Discover where DIFC past students are studying and working and what they say about us.